About Me

My photo
I'm an old-fashioned girl who likes to feel feminine. I'm a mother of one beautiful little lady. Our dog, Henry, considers himself her older brother. I have a husband who loves me and makes me feel beautiful. Who could ask for more?

15.3.10

sweet citrus

-

-

-

-


Oh the beauty of cooking your own jams and jelly!  Yesterday our house smelled like an orange grove as the pot bubbled to golden perfection.  There's something satisfying in doing things the good old-fashioned way.  Then again, I'm an old-fashioned girl so this feels like home to me.  This marmalade is at its best on toasted ciabatta bread.  It's pure pleasure to the spirit and makes you feel like you're delving into a citrus sea.

Audrey's Sweet Marmalade

3 medium oranges
1 medium lemon
1 (20 oz.) can crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1 (6 oz.) jar of marachino cherries, drained and chopped

Wash citrus and quarter.  Remove seeds and membrane.  Grind in food processor.
Combine citrus, pineapple, sugar and water in Dutch oven.
(I like to add a splash of pure vanilla extract.)
Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes uncovered, stirring often.
Remove from heat and stir in cherries.
Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars.  Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Makes: 8 half pints

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers