About Me

My photo
I'm an old-fashioned girl who likes to feel feminine. I'm a mother of one beautiful little lady. Our dog, Henry, considers himself her older brother. I have a husband who loves me and makes me feel beautiful. Who could ask for more?

14.4.09

Oscar The Meyer Lemon Tree





We have this special lemon tree named Oscar. It's special because a close friend bought it for our daughter before she was born and it's been growing along beside Emma ever since she was a wee little thing. Well a little miracle happened this past Sunday evening. My husband and I were laying in bed and through the loud wind we heard this tearing noise and a big KA-BOOM! We jumped out of bed and opened our back porch door to find our neighbor's enormous tree covering our entire porch! And what should happen to be in the middle of the porch? Oscar. Being a lover of plants and especially this particular one, having brought it in and out of the cold so it could sunbathe during the day and be warm at night and making sure it had enough water and food and being very proud of it's many blossoms that promised several sweet lemons down the road, I ran straight out onto the porch in my pajamas and socks and instantly looked for Oscar. And there it was sitting in the middle of massive branches, untouched. I swooped it up and carried it over the mess onto our stone patio where it faced no more danger. Yes, Oscar is our little miracle tree and it took a sour situation and made sweet lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story. I love your blog and am so glad you are doing this now so I can keep up with ya'll:) ALL your pictures are just gorgeous. We may see you at Lily's birthday party if we are able to make it.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers